Astrakhan State University Upgrades Its Ecosystem
Aleksey Titov, who has recently assumed the position of Vice-Rector for Innovations and Priority Projects, presented a report on creating a single system to manage the university’s innovation space at another meeting of the ASU Academic Council.
As the speaker says, the university’s ecosystem is undergoing changes. Network forms of building relations and cooperation are becoming especially important.
The first block of building an innovative ecosystem of Astrakhan State University implies implementation of the following initiatives:
- “100+ Penetration Points” — formation of a communication “web” and a high level of integration with high-tech businesses, strengthening of ties and cooperation with leading vertically-integrated structures and national championships.
- “100+ Project Teams” — support of youth initiatives and implementation of promising research projects; youth involvement into fundamental and applied science and innovations through ensuring students’ direct participation in solution and implementation of scientific and applied tasks.
- Infrastructure mega-projects.
- University’s national initiatives — development of different-focus projects, aimed at global improvement of peoples’ life quality, by university’s staff members.
- Digital platform “Open University” — a set of useful services for university’s students that are meant for facilitating navigation in the educational environment and helping young people avoid unnecessary steps.
- Closed cycle of engineering intersectoral / end-to-end training.
To implement the set of the outlined initiatives, Astrakhan State University is going to create a single management centre for innovations and priority projects upon the proposal of Aleksey Titov; the centre will unite the Engineering Project Office, Artificial Intelligence Project Office, Department of Youth Project Activities Promotion & Support, Boiling Point Centre and Centre of Career Planning.