UNESCO Chair "The Learning Society and Human Sustainable Development"
The UNESCO Chair "The Learning Society and Human Sustainable Development" was opened at Astrakhan State University as part of the UNITWIN/UNESCO program, after the appropriate agreement between the United Nations and ASU had been signed on Dec. 09, 2004.
The Chair performs its activities as a structural division of ASU, in close cooperation with the appropriate units of the UNESCO Secretariat, the Commission of the Russian Federation for UNESCO, and the Coordination Committee of UNESCO Chairs.
Over the past years, the UNESCO Chair of ASU has become a regional center that contributes to development of innovative programs and projects aiming to implement the UNESCO's ideas and mission.
Interacting with social, economic, public, cultural, and educational organizations and institutions at the regional and international level, the UNESCO Chair of Astrakhan State University performs its activities in the following key fields:
- Enhancement of the role that universities of countries located at the Caspian Sea play in resolving the issues of sustainable development of the Caspian Littoral Region;
- Development of the learning society based on social partnership in the Caspian Littoral Region;
- Development of intercultural communications in this region;
- Activation of an integrated system of research, education, information, and documentation in various fields of scientific knowledge;
- Development and implementation of information and telecommunication technologies to optimize cultural, educational, social, and economic processes in this region;
- Establishment of systematic international cooperation and development of international relations between universities and other organizations;
- Organization of regular complex support of young researchers, faculty staff members, and students to attract young people to educational and research activities.
The ceremony of awarding the winners of The World Around Us all-Russian research and practice project was held at Gymnasium No.4 of Astrakhan. About 90 schoolchildren from 19 regions of Russia took part in the conference.
ITMO University Professor Aleksandr Bukhanovsky has held a lecture at Astrakhan State University as part of the all-Russia research and practice conference “Prospects and Opportunities for Using Digital Technologies in Science, Education and Management”.
ASU is holding the First Caspian Festival-Competition of Startup Projects on May 13-16, 2022. The purpose of the online event is to identify the most innovative and interesting projects of students of secondary and higher educational institutions, as well as to help them explore in more detail the niche of transforming their ideas into business.
The event, dedicated to the Day of Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, was organized by Sh. Yessenov Caspian State University of Technology and Engineering and the Association of Research Centers and State Universities of the Caspian Sea Countries.
Deputy Minister of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation Natalya Bocharova evaluated the potential of the university during her working visit to ASU. The guest was shown the laboratory facilities and other important locations and discussed the issues of international policy implementation with the university administration.
The key issue of the online meeting was to discuss the applications for establishment of chairs, submitted by a few universities of Russia.
The vice-rector for Digitalization, Innovations and Priority Projects of Astrakhan State University took part in a roundtable “Mechanisms to Design Advanced Engineering Schools” as part of the 17th all-Russian scientific and applied conference “Promising Systems and Management Tasks”.
An agreement on the organization of joint career guidance work has been reached during a meeting of representatives of the Astrakhan and Kazakhstani universities.
The goal of the initiative is to organize the sociocultural adaptation of foreign students and create favorable conditions for their entry into the ethnic community while preserving their own ethnic identity.
An exptended meeting of the organizing committee of forum “Caspian Region 2022: Sustainable Development Trajectories”, a major international event, was held in the Administration of the Governor of Astrakhan Region. The main speaker was ASU Rector Konstantin Markelov.
Последнее редактирование: 17-03-2023,