Organization of PhD education
A thesis supervisor shall be appointed and an individual work plan, that includes an individual research plan and an individual educational plan (hereinafter referred to as an individual work plan), and thesis theme shall be approved not later than 30 days from PhD program commencement.
A student studying under PhD program shall carry out scientific (research) activity under the guidance of a thesis supervisor in order to prepare a PhD thesis.
Preparing PhD thesis for defense means executing an individual research plan, writing, drawing up and presenting a thesis for a final examination.
In the course of scientific (research) activity a student shall be entitled to:
1) apply for participation in scientific discussions, conferences, symposia and other panel discussions;
2) apply for participation in scientific and scientific & technological cooperation programs (traineeship, mission trips, academic mobility programs);
3) compete for funding for academic research at the expense of the relevant budget funds, funds supporting scientific, scientific & technological, innovative activities and other sources permitted under the RF legislation;
4) have access to information on scientific and scientific & technological results, if this information doesn’t contain data classified as state secret or other data protected by the law;
5) publish scientific and scientific & technological results in public media, if this information doesn’t contain data classified as state secret or other data protected by the law.
Quality control for PhD programs learning process shall include students’ in-process assessment, interim assessment and final examination. In-process assessment evaluates the course of the research stages, subjects (modules) mastering, traineeship in accordance with an individual research and educational plans. A student shall be assessed by the relevant Chair at least two times a year. A student who fails to execute an individual educational plan in due time shall be expelled from PhD program upon the Rector’s order.
A student’s non-execution of an individual research plan revealed during an interim assessment shall be considered improper performance of the duty to master PhD program and a reason for expulsion from the university.
Failing interim assessment in one or several subjects (modules) of PhD program educational part or failing to attend such assessment without reasonable excuse shall be considered an academic arrear.
A student who fails to make up an academic arrear in time shall be expelled from the university due to improper performance of the duty to master PhD program and to execute an individual educational plan.
A student covering PhD program on budget-funded terms shall be provided with a state scholarship in the established amount on the basis of an interim assessment (the grades shall be higher than satisfactory and there shall be no academic arrears) in accordance with an academic schedule.
At the end of the last academic year, a student shall pass final examination. PhD final examination shall mean a thesis evaluation against the criteria set by the Federal law “On Science and State Scientific and Technical Policy”. The Organization shall issue a decision evaluating a thesis against the criteria set by the Federal law “On Science and State Scientific and Technical Policy” (hereinafter referred to as the decision). The decision contains information on a student’s personal contribution to the results represented in a thesis, credibility of a student’s research results, their novelty and practical relevance, a student’s academic papers significance, a thesis compliance with the requirements set by the Federal law “On Science and State Scientific and Technical Policy”, science major (majors) and field relevant to a thesis, a thesis completeness in a student’s papers published or accepted for publishing.
A student who completes an educational plan and passes final examination successfully shall receive a decision and postgraduate qualification.
Последнее редактирование: 16-08-2022, Тутаринова Наталия Анатолиевна