Research & Educational Center of Molecular Biology & Bioengineering
Kondratenko, Elena Igorevna
D.Sc. in Biology – Director of Center
Our Center established in 2010 researches internal organization of life processes at the molecular level.
Our main tasks are as follows:
- Isolation of nucleic acids (DNA, RNA) from vegetation and animal material;
- Molecular genetic analysis of plants;
- Researches of nutrition products to detect genetically altered organisms in them;
- Cytogenetic researches of vegetation and animal organisms;
- Researches of impact exerted by plant extracts upon rats’ free-radical homeostasis;
- Undertaking of researches by means of PCR Real-time, Hot-start PCR, and RT-PCR;
- Impact of sulfide silt mud of salt lakes upon biophysical, biochemical, and physiological rates;
- Assessment of genotoxic impact of pollution substance upon plants’ and animals’ genomes.
Our main functions are as follows:
- Training and retraining of specialists in the field of electrophoresis and real-time PCR;
- Implementation of research projects as a part of federal and regional research programs;
- Enhancement of quality of our University’s alumni considering with interdisciplinary links in theoretical and in practical aspects; integration of our students’ studies with their independent research activities;
- Cooperation with our counterparts from other countries to exchange experience and develop joint research projects;
- Retraining of our University’s research staff; arrangement of scientific conferences and seminars.
Our Center has launched an enterprise to implement our project “Development of Cosmetic Preparations Based on Medicinal Mud of Astrakhan Region’s Slat Lakes”. The enterprise manufactures hand and face creams, face mud masks, and body balms.
Our material base includes modern equipment, which we apply to perform molecular biological researches, including analysis by means of electrophoresis and real-time PCR, ultraviolet spectrometry, etc.
Address: Room #306, 2 Sovetskaya Str., pos. Nachalo, Privolzhskiy r-n, Astrakhan Region 416456 Russia.
Последнее редактирование: 17-04-2018, Глинчевский Эдвард Иванович