Interview with Inventor
Interview with Prof. Alexey Tyrkov, Dean of the Chemical Department of ASU, Chief of the Green Chemistry Research & Educational Center, Supervisor of the research project “Acid Corrosion Inhibitors”.
– What’s the essence of your invention?
– It relates to Organic Chemistry; its essence is development of new inhibitors of acid corrosion.
– In what field could one apply the substance you obtained?
– It’s metal equipment of mainly petrochemical and oil-recovering enterprises, which is in frequent contact with aggressive environment. Over some period, metals are corroded, which results in necessity to replace components (sometimes even the whole units) with new ones. It reduces operational life and efficiency of those devices; it also increases costs for purchase of new equipment. Treatment of machine components with anticorrosive elements prolongs operating life of equipment; so, a positive economic effect is obvious.
– What are the advantages of your invention over similar products?
– Actually, there are many inhibitors of acid corrosion, but they are often obtained as a result of a long-lasting production process, which increases their price. We developed a one-stage technology to create new inhibitors of acid corrosion. They have good anticorrosive properties; they’re highly active and environmentally friendly. They’re obtained on the base of “green” technologies. The source materials are nontoxic; the manufacturing technology does not involve a blowout of harmful substance into environment. All these factors can attract potential investors in the future.
Interviewed by T.Yu. Gavrilkina (the Web Resources Information Support Directorate of ASU)
Translated by E.I. Glinchevskiy (the Center of Translation Studies & Conference Interpreting “ASTLINK” of ASU)
Последнее редактирование: 31-03-2017, Глинчевский Эдвард Иванович